Sunday, October 3, 2010

34 Days...One mile at a time

It's not my intention to turn my blog into a running blog, but it appears that may be the result. I'm ok with that because, after all, this is a sample of my life. :)

I woke up this morning to my blaring alarm at 7:30. It's the only time in my life that I ever experience pain from hearing Dave Matthews voice. (There's always love for Dave...always.) Sunday mornings are the hardest times to find motivation to run. I'm in bed. I'm comfortable. I'm warm. I'm dry. I don't hurt. I debated the possibility of postponing my run until this afternoon, however, I have become acutely aware that whenever I put a run off the likelihood of it happening decreases exponentially.

7:50 am-Get out of bed & use the restroom
7:52 am-Lay in bed one more time contemplating the benefits of 30 more minutes of sleep
7:55 am-Drag myself off of the bed. Put on long pants & a long sleeved shirt
7:57 am-Lace up running shoes.
7:58 am-Commence running.
8:20 am-Return home after 2 miles.

Betty-1  Stupid little voice in my head telling me to sleep-0

I don't know that I'll ever want to run more than 3 miles in a race again, but I'd like to end up running 5-6 miles a day to stay in shape. Even if it takes me months to get there, I want to be there. For now, I'm taking it one day and one mile at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment