Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...to REALLY Training...

Yes, I know that I suck at blogging. It's been over two months since my last post. On a semi-up note...it's truly our 2nd week of training. Our previous training sessions were really "pre-training" sessions. We were both so out of shape that we had to train to train!

Where are we now? 8 training sessions down. I'm still not where I was before my last mini. I miss being able to run 2+ miles without stopping at all. I know I'll get there again, but it's frustrating right now. Even saying all of that...I'm happy to be running again. Often it SUCKS in the moment. Sarah and I often look at each other and comment on that very fact, but I feel like a million (sweaty) bucks when it's all over. There's still a long way to go, but we're doing it. In fact, I'm thinking I might need to sign up for at least two big races every year in order to keep running. Because, honestly, unless I HAVE to train/run, I often find excuses to NOT train/run. I pray that someday I won't be that way, but right now, I'm doing what works. All this rambling to say, I'm glad Sarah called me in Septemeber and said, "Do you want to run the Indy Mini with me?" I'm even more glad that I said, "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment