Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shower "Back Home"

To say that I'm blessed to have been born into the Brennan/Leonard family is a gross understatement. As a child, I loved my mother's extended family, but it wasn't until I was an adult that I truly appreciated how rare the relationships I have with those amazing people are. I grew up with family holidays that included sometimes sixty people. I knew I was loved by not only my aunts, uncles and cousins, but also by great-aunts and uncles, second cousins and sometimes even more distant relatives. So, while I didn't grow up on or even near the family farm, whenever we made the journey back, I still said we were going "back home" because that's what it felt like. 


It was no surprise then that going "back home" for a baby shower will remain one of my greatest memories of pregnancy. My dear Great-Aunt Mary Ann (who is also my godmother) and my Great-Aunt Ruth hosted the most perfect shower for little Clark. While our numbers have dwindled over the years, I was still surrounded by the love and excitement of some of my favorite first, second, and third cousins as well as my aunts and great-aunts. It was a perfect day. Here are a few of the highlights.



Aunt Mary Ann, me & Aunt Ruth
Allison & Samantha were amazing present helpers
Even though Charlie & Jon couldn't be there, they made sure to send Clark (& Michael) some Dolphins love!
Kaitlyn, Aunt Mary & Janet 

How cute is she?!
Linda & Laura
The aunts with Patty
Clark got a TON of great books! Laura went through her collection and pulled out her favorites for him--how special and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment