Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Running

If you've read any of my pregnancy posts, you know that I absolutely love carrying this little guy! The good outweighs the bad in so many ways, but recently I've been craving a run. My college roommate, Sarah (if you don't yet follow/read her blog, you need to!), just posted about getting back into running after the birth of her daughter. While I'm happy for her, I was more jealous than anything. 


I miss running. Now this sounds silly given that if I were a hard-core runner I could still be running right now, 22 weeks into pregnancy. After all, Amber Miller ran the Chicago marathon and then gave birth to her daughter a few short hours later (she was even in labor during the last leg of the race...seriously?).  So, no, I'm not that hard-core, but even people who aren't hard-core can love and miss something. And, I miss running. 


It's really the feeling I get about 7 weeks into running that I miss. My lungs no longer burn, my feet and legs no longer hurt, and 3 miles is a "short" run. That's what I miss. That's what I've been craving. It's supposed to be 50 degrees in Chicago on Friday--perfect running weather, but instead of joining my fellow runners out on the road, I'll be avoiding their cautious glances as I drive by. While running and I have always had a love-hate relationship, the fact that right now we're stuck in this taboo love affair is a bit more than I can handle. I'm hoping that once my Lo gets here he and I will be able to hit the trail, jogging stroller and all, so that someday he'll love-hate running as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment