Monday, January 31, 2011

Finn's on the way!

Here's the thing, I can't WAIT to meet my new nephew! Later when he's grown, I'm sure he'll never quite understand what a big deal his arrival was. I can't believe that he is nearly here. It seems like yesterday that Becky and I were perusing Ikea wondering whether he would be a boy or a girl. She was fairly confident he was a boy, while I took my brother's lead and insisted he would be a she. The warm day in Lafayette, sharing lunch with my mom and sister, when we received the text that he was a he doesn't feel that far off either. And yet it's felt like a long time.

I've talked to several aunts about becoming an aunt. (Yes, I'm already an aunt, and I love my Ashley, Nicole, and Jake very much, but I didn't get to be there for any of their arrivals.) I've been told that it's different from the love you have for your own children but a fierce one nonetheless. I believe it. Since we found about this little one, he is often on my mind, and I know he will be one of my greatest joys.

Finn Harper Hoyle, know that you are loved. Since the moment we knew of you, we have loved you, and we always will. Welcome to the family, little one.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love every word, every letter. Only you could understand. Staying here is killing me. All I can do is pack and wait until I can leave. I can't wait to see everyone-- but mostly just Finn!

    ReplyDelete