Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ancient Paths

I recently had a status update that said I was "feeling disconnected". My dear friend, Sarah, commented that she had been "meaning to talk" to me about something like that. Uh-oh. Yes, uh-oh. Why? Well, because Sarah has the annoying, obnoxious ability been gifted with the ability to call me out on stuff that I need to handle. This...feeling disconnected...is something I need to handle. 


I've been off center. Sarah asked me how God and I were. Simply put, we're not. I'm not sure when it happened, but I haven't been centered in a long time. I've been overwhelmed, mostly with stuff that truly...doesn't matter. So, it's time to re-connect, to find my balance, to fulfill my daily purpose, to seek...ancient paths. 



This is what the LORD says:
   “Stand at the crossroads and look;
   ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
   and you will find rest for your souls.
                    -Jeremiah 6:16

I'm not sure where these ancient paths with lead, but I know I must follow them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment